Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Cold Hands

{What would a writing journal be without some free verse?}
Cold Hands

Night has fallen
A thousand stars glitter in the sky
Like raindrops glistening on black velvet
Or diamonds sprinkled among coal
A cool breeze blows
And it’s quiet
Too quiet
The silence haunts me
The emptiness taunts me
The stillness only reminds me
That you’re not there
Your seat is vacant
My hand is cold
My voice echoes in my ears
And no reply comes
All I know is loneliness
And all I feel is emptiness
When I raise my eyes to meet yours
All I see are stars
And the breeze turns to wind
A bitter wind that stings my face
Clouds roll in to cover the stars
The stars that held such wonder for us
Such promise, such future
The rain falls
It washes away my tears
Dries my fears
Sweeps away the past
But I still feel the loss
A thousand thunderstorms
Could never make me forget
The way you looked at me
A million raindrops
Could never erase the sound of your voice
From my mind
And I do mind
I mind that fate has seen fit to fling us apart
I mind that the bench beside me is cold
The clouds are blown away by the bitter wind
My heart is bathed in moonlight
Dried in the night air
Kissed to sleep by the cool breeze
The stars are particularly dazzling tonight
They glitter coldly, silent and harsh
And my hand is still cold
**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

account login for free website hit counter code
Download a free web counter here.